Uptown People's Law Center is not currently in need of volunteers. The best way to support our work would be to donate here!
UPLC is looking for interns for the summer of 2023! Submit your application now at bit.ly/UPLC23
We envision our interns working 15 hours a week with flexibility for fully remote, in person, or hybrid work. Some projects may require time in the office. This is an unpaid internship, but UPLC will work with applicants to receive funding from their institutions if applicable.
Interns would help out with a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Legal pre-screening calls for tenants rights, Social Security, and prisoners' rights issues
- Developing and vetting a reliable referrals network for housing case management, healthcare, and legal assistance
- Conducting data entry and crafting responses to letters from prisoners requesting assistance
- Scheduling, and taking notes during, legal calls with people in prison
- Assisting our communications team as needed
Our office is located in Uptown. Please email email@example.com with further questions.